A healthy, filling and tasty take on pancakes. I personally love using a non-stick mini pan if you can get your hands on one, they are great for creating mini stacks and for introducing some tasty fillings and toppings!
SERVES 4 MINI PANCAKES (mini non-stick pans are great for stacking options)
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil (for cooking)
- 2 tsp of MACA powder
- 3 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp of milled chia seeds
- 250ml oat milk / plant milk of your choice (unsweetened)
- 100g buckwheat flour
- Berries (frozen or fresh for serving)
- Cinnamon for serving.
- Maple syrup for serving (optional)
- Add all the ingredients except for coconut oil in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Using a non-stick mini pan & plastic spatula, add a drizzle of coconut oil and then dollop on your pancake mix, brown slightly in a medium heat for 2 minutes or as required and then transfer to a grill to finish browning on top.
- In a separate saucepan add your berries and warm until melting (serve over your pancakes)
TOPPING / SERVING IDEAS:
- 1-2 tsp of nut butter for middle filling
- Greek style / plain yogurt (dairy or coconut / soy yogurt for dairy free) for top of pancakes
- Fruit or berries as above heated or served fresh and sliced.
Subscribe to my Newsletter HERE to receive my Weekly Wellness emails on practical nutritional tips, healthy recipes, weight loss guidance and motivational quotes (my favourite part) all created by myself, Catriona McMorris, Nutrition & Wellness coach. As a special BONUS, receive a FREE copy of my Sample 7-Day Meal Plan!