This recipe will satisfy any sweet tooth! Sweet Potatoes are a slow release carbohydrate keeping blood sugar levels from spiking while adding a lovely gooey texture. Tastes like a gorgeous beautiful brownie without the flour and the eggs!
MAKES 10 LARGE BROWNIES OR CUT INTO BITE SIZE TO MAKE 20
PER LARGE BROWNIE: (using 25g mixed nuts)
KCALS: 267KCALS / FAT: 18.5g (Saturates: 9.5g) / PROTEIN: 6.8g / CARBS: 24.5g / SUGARS: 7.8g
- 60ml coconut oil
- 200g sweet potato cooked and mashed
- 120g nut butter
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- ½ - 1tsp cinnamon
- 120ml nut milk / oat milk unsweetened
- 150g oats (Use rough or blitz to a flour if you have a blender)
- 35g cacao powder
- 45g coconut sugar
- ½ tsp baking powder
- Pinch sea salt
- 90g dark chocolate (70% or more) chopped into pieces
- Optional: Mixed nuts roughly chopped, I use 25g mixed nuts
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees Celsius then reduce to 150 degrees when baking
- Line a dish with baking paper and grease with a little coconut oil
- In a bowl mix the mashed sweet potato, nut butter, coconut oil, vanilla essence, cinnamon, milk.
- Add in the oat flour, cacao powder, coconut sugar, baking powder and mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate pieces and chopped nuts if using.
- Spoon the batter into your lined baking tray.
- Bake for 25 mins with tinfoil on top and remaining 10-15 minutes without foil.
- Insert a knife into the centre to see if cooked through, it should come out clean.
- Leave to cool if you can avoid temptation!
- Makes 10 good sized brownies or 20 bite sized brownies!
- Great for nibbles, sweet hit
- Can be easily stored in the freezer
- Heat in the oven and serve with some fresh raspberries and vanilla ice cream!