• Its highly nutritious so only a small portion is needed to give a great taste and to ensure you get the nutrition you need.
• Homemade granola is high in goods fats needed for brain and body function.
• Homemade granola cuts out added chemical sugars giving you a food high in fibre, giving you a feeling of fullness for longer
• Homemade granola is higher in protein content and prevents blood sugar spikes associated with other processed cereals
• Seeds and nuts provide a great source of ZINC, MAGNESIUM, TRYPTOPHAN all helping to assist with promoting sleep.
• Nuts / Seeds also assist in helping to lower blood pressure, lower blood sugar levels and keep the heart function healthy.
• Goji Berries are deemed a super food and contain a high content of Vitamin A supporting eye and skin health.
• Cacao nibs are the least processed cocoa product and high in powerful nutrients. They contain powerful antioxidants (Flavonoids) and magnesium needed for brain, bone health and nervous system function.
• Coconut oil is high in saturated fat – (MCT’s) Medium chain triglycerides – they go straight to the liver where they are used immediately for energy or ketones.
Blitz the following:
• 75g mixed nuts
• 75g pumpkin seeds
• 75g sunflower seeds
• 50g desiccated coconut
• 1 tbsp of chia seeds
Add into the mix:
• 1 tsp cinnamon powder
• Pinch Sea Salt
Heat a pan and add:
• 1- 2 tbsp of coconut oil melted
• 30ml of maple syrup
• 1 tsp vanilla essence
• Add in your blitzed granola mix and heat / toast for 5-10 mins. Turn down the heat as required to prevent burning and sticking.
Finally Add in at the end (optional)
• 25g goji berries
• 25g cacao nibs