I love this warm salad, a friend introduced me to this and I just fell in love! The essentials are the chopped pecan nuts and the the balsamic vinegar (adjust to your taste). It can be served alone , with some of my GF bread or as a side to a main meal instead of veggies.
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic clove chopped.
- 1 tin chickpea drained.
- ½ cucumber diced.
- 1 carrot grated.
- 100g sundried tomatoes chopped.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 200g Sweet potato diced.
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes chopped.
- 100g baby spinach leaves or greens of your choice washed.
- Sea Salt
- Black Pepper
- 25g Pecan nuts chopped (optional)
- In a baking tray place your diced sweet potato, garlic, drizzle over your olive oil, cover, and roast for 40-45 mins at 150 c oven or until soft. Allow to cool slightly before adding to your salad.
- In the meantime, wash your greens and chop.
- In a large bowl place your greens, add in your chopped sundried tomatoes, grated carrot, diced cucumber, cherry tomatoes and mix well.
- Add your drained chickpeas and balsamic vinegar, seasoning and mix well.
- Finally add your roasted sweet potato and mix through!