A goats cheese salad is fab for flavour and taste and great as a light supper or you can add additional ingredients (see below) for a main meal.
Not into Goats Cheese? Swap for feta instead and make a tasty Greek Style Salad!
Ingredients (serves 2)
- Mixed green salad
- Baby spinach leaves
- 1 x pear
- 50g goats cheese (1 round was 25g)
- Balsamic vinegar splash
- Maple Syrup 1 tsp
- Coconut oil 1 tsp
- Mixed nuts 50g
- Cherry tomatoes
- 8 sundried tomatoes
- 10 green olives
- Extras (For a main meal you can add)
- 2 x baby potatoes per person boiled and sliced
- 1 x lean chicken breast per person roasted in with a splash of olive oil and herbs / spices of your choice (I used thyme , sage , rosemary)
- In a bowl wash the leaves and tomatoes – set aside
- Boil the baby potatoes – set aside
- Roast the chicken in the oven (I used a slow heat of 150 for 25 minutes and finished under the grill for 5 minutes) - slice and set aside
- In a small pan melt 1 tsp coconut oil , add 1tsp of maple syrup and a splash of balsamic – add in your mixed nuts and sliced pear, cook slowly to caramelise!
- You can get creative here...
- On a bed of your cleaned greens add in your elements, I love the colour and sweet of pear and nuts, the tang of the sundried tomatoes against the strong goats cheese – lots of flavour when you just fancy something different!