Chicken Bone Broth also known as 'LIQUID GOLD' is an anti aging and healing elixir. I cannot stress the benefits of broth , this is suitable for all but especially for those recovering from illness, finding it difficult to swallow, dehydration and just feeling poorly.
Contains a range of vital macro and micro nutrients essential for healing and repair.
• Carcass of 1 roast chicken
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1 yellow or red onion
• 1 stick celery
• 1 carrot
• 1 – 2 tablespoons of ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) ACV works to extract all of the nutrients from the marrow of the bone to make the best nutritious bone broth.
• Seasalt and black pepper to taste
• Herbs like parsley, thyme and bay leaves are great for flavour
• Remove off as much of the meat as possible and place all bones and carcass into 1 large saucepan.
• Add in all chopped vegetables
• Add in vinegar
• Add seasalt and pepper and herbs
• Add in enough water to cover an inch above the entire carcass
• Place on a stove if you can and bring to the boil.
Reduce to the slowest / barely there simmer you can manage and leave for a minimum of 12 hours – maximum 24 hours. (THE LONGER THE BETTER IN TERMS OF NUTRIENTS!!)
• Strain the liquid, let it cool and then you can store in the fridge, ours is generally gone in 5 days !!
• You can also freeze portions and use for a natural healthy stock broth for cooking meals or sipping hot!