This is perfect to come home to after a long day , a super winter warmer and contains a good source of Iron, Vitamin C , Calcium and Protein!
Stew Only (419kcals per serving / Fat 24.1g (Saturates 2.7g) / Carbs 24.2 (Sugars 1.2g) / Protein 22.4g / Fibre 2.9g)
- 400g lean stewing beef
- Sea salt & black pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Two large onions
- Two garlic cloves
- One butternut squash peeled and chopped
- 56 chestnut mushrooms (or any large mushroom)
- 100g frozen garden peas
- 100ml red wine
- 1 – 2tbsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 12 tbsp of Nutritional yeast
- 500ml water
- Season the beef with sea salt and pepper. Heat ½ oil in the pan and brown the beef on all sides over a medium heat.
- Transfer to a slow cooker
- Using the same pan, add the onions and sauté for 510 mins before adding the garlic, mushrooms, and butternut squash.
- Add in your wine, Worcestershire sauce, nutritional yeast and thyme and water
- Transfer to the slow cooker and cook for 8 hours (low) or 4 hours (high)
- Two scoops mashed potatoes or three baby potatoes
- One sweet potato (Vitamin A & Fibre)
- Celeriac mash