INGREDIENTS Serves 6:
- 454g / 1lb lean mince – leave out for meatless and substitute lentils or mung beans
- Green Pepper
- Tin chopped tomatoes
- Cajun seasoning
- Aubergine (prepared separately)
- BECHAMEL WHITE SAUCE:
- 1 egg
- 100g Philadelphia Light
- 100g Fat Free Natural Greek Style Yogurt
- 2 teaspoons whole grain mustard
- Pinch of nutmeg (optional)
- Preheat oven at 150°c
- In a pan sweat onions, garlic together for 15 mins in a little water.
- Add mince and cook until brown mixing every few minutes.
- Add in the veggies, feel free to add your own selection!
- Add in chopped tomatoes and flavour with herbs / spices of your choice, see my choice above.
- Simmer for 10 minutes slowly.
- The aubergine I sliced into rounds other recipes mention to cut into long slices. I first put the slices in a pan with a little coconut oil with seasalt. Then I popped under the grill for a nice charred look! Leave to the side for layering.
- White Sauce: Low calorie so simple and tasty! Whip the cheese, yogurt, mustard and egg together and set to side.
- Layer with mince, then grilled aubergine, and pour white sauce on top.
- Bake in the oven for 30-40 mins
- Serve with salad, roasted veggies , great for batch cooking and freezing.