Ridiculously tasty , I love Italian food so I’ve reworked many of my favourite recipes to settle on the ingredients below. Follow me on Instagram @mcmorriscatriona to share your pictures!
- 500g lean mince
- 1 onion diced.
- 2 cloves garlic minced.
- 2 carrots diced.
- 6 mushrooms
- 1 courgette
- 1 tin chopped tomato
- 100ml red wine
- Sea salt
- Black pepper
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Fresh basil / dried basil
- 100g low fat cream cheese
- Pasta of your choice 60g uncooked per person
- Hard parmesan cheese
- Add a little water to your pan, add in your onion and garlic and sauté lightly for 2 minutes.
- Add in your mince and brown gently for 10 minutes.
- Add carrots, courgettes, mushroom and chopped tomato – cook for 10 minutes on a gentle heat.
- Add in your red wine, seasonings, nutritional yeast, cover, and simmer for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Uncover and add your basil, continue to cook uncover for another 20-30 minutes.
- Cook your chosen pasta.
- At the end stir in your low-fat cream cheese
- Dish up and grate some hard parmesan on top.