Tofu is made from soybean curds. It is naturally gluten-free and low in calories. It contains no cholesterol and is an excellent source of iron and calcium. It is an important source of protein, especially for vegans and vegetarians.
- 100 – 125g firm plain tofu per person (usually comes in 500g blocks)
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp tamari
- Sea salt / black pepper
- ½ tsp of turmeric
- 5-6 cherry tomatoes
- 1 x piece toasted Wholegrain toast / GF bread
- In a bowl crumble the tofu into small crumbly pieces
- Add turmeric, nutritional yeast, tamari, sea salt, black pepper and mix well
- Heat a pan with a small amount of oil or just use water, add in your mix and using a spatula toss well
- At the side of the pan add your cherry tomatoes and cook side by side
- Serve with a slice of toasted wholegrain bread, GF bread or your choice!