Hazelnut milk the sweetest, rice milk, coconut milk, almond milk, oat milk
25g of: Oats, Amaranth, Millet, Quinoa, Buckwheat. Alternate the cereal / grains to get a variety of B Vitamins, Fibre, Minerals and slow release carbohydrate.
- 25g per serving of cereal / grain of choice
- 1tsp choice of: chia seeds (chia absorbs more fluid good for thickening), mixed seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds etc
- 1 tsp choice of: MACA Powder / Cacao Powder
- 50-100ml unsweetened oat milk / nut milk of your choice
- 1-2 drops of vanilla essence / almond essence / orange essence – try out some!
- Natural Yogurt or Greek Style Natural Yogurt (150g = small pot / or 2-3 tbsp)
- Frozen berries of choice for bottom of jar
- Handful of berries of your choice for topping
- Cinnamon powder to dust
- Puffed buckwheat grains for layers 2 tbsp
- In a saucepan add grain , powder , seeds
- Cook in water / milk. Bring to boil and reduce to a slow simmer for 20 - 30 mins - grain will be light and fluffy.
- Add more water / milk if needed.
- Leave to cool. Add in 1-2 drops of vanilla essence if liked to sweeten.
- Add frozen fruit / to the bottom of the jar.
- Add in the porridge and a little more milk if you feel you need.
- The next day, layer puffed buckwheat, natural yogurt , fresh berries, dust of cinnamon to finish
- TIP: Add a splash of Robinsons ‘Fruit Shooter’ if you are adjusting to natural yogurt!