MACA is part of the adaptogen family. Adaptogens are a group of herbs and roots that can help your body to deal better with stress.
MACA (Peruvian Ginseng) is a plant native to Peru, and is commonly available in powder form or as a supplement. Maca root has traditionally been used to enhance fertility and sex drive. It’s also claimed to improve energy and stamina and is used widely by athletes as well as alleviate menopausal symptoms and regulate hormones in women. Finally a good body of research exists on benefits of maca and blood sugar control which may assist if you are trying to manage cravings.
- Maca is a cruciferous vegetable and therefore related to broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage and kale. It has a long history of culinary and medicinal use in Peru – the root is the edible part.
- Nutrition: 20 different amino acids, antioxidants , Vitamin C, Zinc, Calcium, Copper, Iron and bioactive plant based compounds for healing
- It can be taken as a supplement or added to smoothies, oatmeal, baked goods, energy bars and more.
INGREDIENTS PER SERVING
- 1 tbsp almond /peanut butter
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 banana
- 1 - 2 drops vanilla essence
- 1 Medjool dates, pitted (optional) (Medjool dates have a rich, almost caramel-like taste and a soft, chewy texture whereas regular dates, commonly called Deglet Noor, are usually smaller and have a firm flesh and a sweet, delicate flavour.
- Nut milk / plant milk of choice