Gluten Friendly Berry Muffins
- 180 g gluten free oats (oats of choice)
- 140 g ground almonds
- 2 tbsp ground flax seed or milled chia seed
- 6 tbsp water
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 20 g flaked almonds
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (or extract of choice e.g. almond extract)
- 150 g coconut oil (melt in a saucepan)
- 150 g maple syrup
- handful of raspberries or berries of choice
- handful of blueberries
- Preheat oven to 160º and line a 12 muffin tray.
- Make flax egg by combining 2 tbsp of ground flax seed and 6 tbsp of water. Set aside.
- Mix together all the dry ingredients, (only use 15g of the flaked almonds in the mixture, ground almonds, baking powder, baking soda, flaked almonds)
- Add the flax egg, vanilla extract, coconut oil, maple syrup, raspberries to the dry ingredients and fold together.
- Divide mixture into the lined 12 muffin tray, sprinkle the remaining almonds on top and blueberries and put into the preheated 160º oven for 20 minutes or until golden.
- Leave for 1 hour to cool so the ingredient sets, they will come away from the mould easy and not crumble