Homemade granola is great for sprinkling over yogurt & fruit, adding to porridge, smoothies, desserts, crumbles. It has numerous benefits such as:
- It's highly nutritious so only a small portion is needed to give a great taste and to ensure you get the nutrition you need.
- Homemade granola is high in goods fats needed for brain and body function.
- Homemade granola cuts out added chemical sugars giving you a food high in fibre, giving you a feeling of fullness for longer
- Homemade granola is higher in protein content and prevents blood sugar spikes associated with other processed cereals
- Seeds and nuts provide a great source of ZINC, MAGNESIUM, TRYPTOPHAN all helping to assist with promoting sleep.
- Nuts / Seeds also assist in helping to lower blood pressure, lower blood sugar levels and keep the heart function healthy.
- Goji Berries are deemed a super food and contain a high content of Vitamin A supporting eye and skin health.
- Cacao nibs are the least processed cocoa product and high in powerful nutrients
- They contain powerful antioxidants (Flavanoids) and magnesium needed for brain, bone health and nervous system function.
- Coconut oil is high in saturated fat – (MCT’s) Medium chain triglyciderides – they go straight to the liver where they are used immediately for energy or ketones.
METHOD: Blitz the following
- 75g mixed nuts
- 75g pumpkin seeds
- 75g sunflower seeds
- 50g dessicated coconut
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
Add into the mix
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- Pinch SeaSalt
Heat a pan and add
- 1- 2 tbsp of coconut oil melted
- 30ml of maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- Add in your blitzed granola mix and heat / toast for 5-10 mins. Turn down the heat as required to prevent burning and sticking.
Finally add in at the end (optional) 25g goji berries & 25g cacao nibs