Chia Seeds come from the Salvia Hispanica plant grown in Mexico and South America.
It is a favourite traditional drink in which the seeds are mixed into lime or lemon juice with added sweetener.
- 250ml water or coconut water
- 1 – 1.5 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/2 tbsp fresh lemon or lime juice, or to taste
- Sweetener, to taste (I like 1/2 tbsp maple syrup, stevia, agave nectar)
Leave for 30 minutes / few hours / overnight
Chia Seeds will soften and absorb fluid turning into a gel like substance
I added a splash of ACV (apple cider vinegar) to mine , there are also lots of versions to make with fruits and juices for taste!
- Insoluble & soluble fibre source, which helps keep you fuller longer
- Assist movement in the Digestive tract
- May help control blood sugar levels
- Good Source of OMEGA 3 fatty acid (ALA)
- Minerals: calcium, iron, magnesium, zinc, copper, manganese, niacin