Did you know ? Magnesium (Mg) is involved in over 320 enzymes pathways throughout the body!
What is Magnesium and WHY is it needed by the body ?
Magnesium is a key mineral for nerves and muscles. Our bodies need magnesium for strong and healthy bones. Magnesium and calcium work well together, Mg helps calcium absorb into the body. Magnesium also helps protect the heart from the stress of sudden blood pressure changes. It is used to aid muscle recovery post exercise, it helps with regulating and promoting sleep. It also aids in a healthy digestive system, regulates blood sugar levels, boosts mood and alertness.
Phew magnesium does a lot! However it happens to be a mineral that many clients show deficiency signs of. Here are my top magnesium food sources and signs to watch out for if you are deficient.
My first port of call is to adjust the daily diet to ensure you are getting enough as well as identifying lifestyle areas that need to change.
Interested in my programs ? Sign up for a FREE 15m consultation so I can speak with you on my health coaching and how I can potentially mentor you.
Sign up for a FREE 15m online consultation.
- Dark leafy greens like broccoli, kale and spinach, salad leaves
- Dark Chocolate 70% plus
- Wholegrains like buckwheat, quinoa, wild rice
- Fatty fish like salmon
- Nuts & Seeds
- Difficulty getting to sleep
- Prone to regular headaches and migraines
- Joint pain
- Muscles soreness, cramps and twitching
- Heart problems like palpitations and higher blood pressure
- Digestive symptoms most commonly constipation and irregular / poor bowel movements