Much more than a snack! These can be eaten straight from the freezer.
I use puffed buckwheat, a great gluten free grain giving a nice lightness among the seeds nuts and sweetness.
Makes 14-18 INGREDIENTS:
• 120g of nut butter (I used crunchy peanut butter from Meridian)
• 80ml of Maple Syrup
• 75g Mixed Nuts (Pistachios in the mix are good here for colour contrast)
• 200g Cacao Chocolate (70% plus) – I used LINDT 70% Cooking Chocolate
• 25g Goji Berries • 30g Puffed Buckwheat Cereal
• Dash of seasalt
• Dash of cinnamon
• 1 banana (optional)
• Blitz all the dry ingredients in a blender.
• Add to a bowl with all the remaining ingredients. You can vary the seasalt depending on if you like the salty / chocolatey flavour!
• Make medium balls and place on a baking tray
• Leave to refrigerate for 30 mins
• In the meantime melt your chocolate
• Dip the balls in the chocolate to cover entirely or drop a spoonful over the top
• Once cooled you can refrigerate again or they be stored in the freezer TIP:
• Banana is optional
• Add in more maple syrup if too dry
• If too wet add in some puffed buckwheat grain