Bridal Makeup Tips & Tricks
Planning a wedding can be a lot of work! When planning your Makeup & Beauty routine we have put together some useful tips and advice for your Bridal Makeup & Beauty Look.
Top Bridal Makeup Tips & Tricks
1. FACIALS: A good skincare routine is essential in the months prior to your wedding day. Adapt a simple cleansing, toning and moisturising routine. Use an exfoliator once a week (Twice a week for oily skin) Finally every 4 - 6 weeks treat yourself to a facial and if you are on a budget a DIY Home Facial. This will ensure your skin is glowing on your wedding day which means less makeup on your face and ultimately flawless photos. Avoid overworking the skin with too many products and treatments as this can have the reverse effect and cause short term skin breakouts.
A WORD ON PEELS, BOTOX & DERMAL FILLERS!!
Always do your homework when it comes to more invasive treatments like Microdermbrasion, Glycolic Peels, Botox and Dermal Fillers, make sure you receive a thorough consultation and get all your questions answered.
Dermocosmetics are the bridge between dermatology and cosmetics.
Skincare brands are now producing Dermocosmetic products that contain active ingredients. Examples of these include: alpha-hydroxy acids (glycolic, lactic, tartaric, and citric acids), Beta-hydroxy acid (salicylic acid), L-Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Retinol (Vitamin A) & Hyaluronic Acid. Always give new products and new products ranges a minimum of 6 weeks to adjust to your skin type. Again always get a good consultation and put a skincare plan in place for your wedding day with your therapist or skincare advisor.
At Reveal Makeup Studios our skincare range Academie Paris has a specific dermocosmetic range called 'Derm Acte'. This range has proven to be very effective with all our clients in skin treatment and care. Check our our range online at our sister website https://www.fayrebeauty.com/brand/academie-paris-skincare.html
2. HEALTHY EATING HABITS & REGULAR EXERCISE: Take a look at your eating habits and try to reduce sugar & processed food. Cut down on caffeine, increase your water intake and herbal teas. Make small changes as you will stick to them more. This will help with dark circles under the eyes, blemishes, skin tone and colour. Regular exercising of any kind will help with tone and lead to clearer, brighter skin.
RECOMMENDED: Try incorporate a morning juice.
2 Golden Delicious Apples
1 Stalk Celery
1 handful of spinach leaves
Juice the cucumber, pineapple, celery, apples and lime and spinach. Blend the juice with 1/2 Avocado in the blender and have for breakfast. You have just increased your fruit and vegetable intake by 33% doing this alone!!
3. TEST OUT MAKEUP PRODUCTS: If you are keen on a particular lipstick, eyeliner or makeup look that is different from your usual style then test out colours and shades in the months leading up to the wedding. For example you want a vintage wedding makeup and a red lipstick but you dont normally wear any, then I suggest wearing red lips all the time. You need to get used to seeing yourself with red lipstick. You want to feel comfortable going down the aisle on your wedding day!
RECOMMENDED: Check out our blog section or visit our social media pages for regular tips and product recommendations.
4. TAKE A BRIDAL MAKEUP LESSON: At REVEAL Makeup Studios, we offer a variety of private makeup lessons to suit you. A makeup lesson is great for tips and ideas that will help you with pre wedding events and your honeymoon so you look your best !
RECOMMENDED: Having a wedding abroad and thinking of doing your own makeup ? Try our tailored makeup lessons with specific product recommendations for warmer climates!
3. CAMERA & LIGHTING: Always keep in mind your Makeup Artist will choose products based on how they will look in front of camera and how they last for the day. Beware of SPF in moisturiser and foundation. High SPF in makeup products will bounce off camera flash giving the face a white look (White Face Brown Body Syndrome!)